Sunday, April 01, 2007

Victory!

I decided to put the same laminate flooring that is already in our living room, in our kitchen. So we got all the stuff to put it in and I'm thinking dedicate a day to it and I could knock it out, no worries right? Well, my Dad graciously agreed to come up and help me and as we got started Saturday at 8 am, we quickly realized that this was going to be one heck of a project. So after working wil 8pm Saturday and til 3pm today, we finally got the dang thing pretty much done! Victory at last. My Dad has always been my hero, but he gets a special hero's callout here for his help, couldn't have come close to doing it without him. My legs and arms and knees and back is killing me and he can't be much better off than me. We had a great time, but man...what a whip!!



Here is our finished product. I don't have a before picture because if you've been to our house you know what the ugly linoleum looked like, if you never saw it, consider yourself lucky. The new floor is spectacular!!!









Today the first baseball game of the year was played. Mets/Cards is nothing that is too interesting, a couple really good teams, like them both, but it's finally for real and tomorrow the Rangers open up out west in Anaheim!! Finally! Not sure what to think about this year's team. I'm optimistic every year, usually to a fault, they always let me down. For some reason I have a different feeling this year. There are all sorts of reasons and I won't get into all because you'll get tired head fast if you dont' like baseball that much, but i'm excited about this year, I'm cautious about it, but think we could win the West. Many national writers are giving us some attention so who knows! All I know is that it all starts tomorrow and I can't wait!!!



GO Rangers!!

1 comment:

Jeri Williams said...

Hi Michael. The new floor looks beautiful. I bet your dad cannot walk today. That is such hard work. We were unable to look at movie of Ryan walking. Send us a picture. Grandad doesn't know why we cannot receive it. Keep up the good work. Love you, Memaw