Sunday, April 22, 2007

Big Weekend

Ryan had a big weekend as Nana and Pawpaw came into town from Round Rock, which is always a good time. My Dad, Trent and I started off the weekend with a nice round of golf in beautiful weather. That was about the only thing that was beautiful besides the bonding time...our scores weren't so hot. To our defense, the course is pretty tough.


After golf everyone came home to have a nice nap along with Ryan and then it was off to Ryan's 1st Ranger game of the year and his first ever tailgating party! We all loaded up the trucks with my cool little propane grill and ice chests and cooked up some brats and sausage tortilla wraps.....such greatness. (See Paw Paw approves wholeheartedly...)


It was a little breezy so Ryan thought it would be fun to throw his wiffle ball and watch people chase after it in the parking lot. The boy already has a gun. (and he's not afraid to use it)


And of course, any excuse to get to ride in his cool chevy car!





Aunt Kristin, along with Trent and Kasi joined us for the pregame festivities and the random occurrence of the day, Keith and Resa just happened to park in our parking lot and parked right next to us!! We knew they were going to the game, but they didn't know where we were going to park or anything, just dumb luck. So they got their first look at Ryan walking....good to see them for sure...unfortunately living in East Texas hasn't brought them back here....but they have a sweet set-up there and are very happy....awesome.

On to the game!
The Rangers were coming off of a nice 16 run drumming at the hands of my most hated MLB team, the A's. So I figured we'd bounce back. Turns out I was right...great game to watch. Pitcher's duel until the very end when we put up a nice 5 run inning to seal the deal. Ryan had a great time. Every time something good happened, he started clapping with the crowd.
He was also enamoured with the wave. I don't approve of the wave simply because it means the crowd really isn't fully into the game, but for the sake of kids and family I let it slide. So Ryan enjoyed that. He made it thought all 9 innings like a champ, a man after my own heart. So he is officially the Rangers good luck charm for 2007 because they won last night and had an exciting win today...could be the start of the turnaround!

After the game, it was fireworks time! And I think it was the first time Ryan had ever seen fireworks and he absolutely loved them! The loud noise was cool and of course the actual fireworks, he was pointing and yelling in approval at them. We left about 3/4 way through and he kept his eye on them for as long as he could in the car....it was cool and I have a feeling the 4th of July will be fun this year.



So after the huge day Saturday, Sunday turned into recover day as I slept through the alarm and Ryan didn't wake up until 8:30 (that's late for him). He took another nap from 10 to noon and then one from 1 to 4. The whole house was declared nap day...I think we are all fighting off some sickyness, so this was a good day too.


Well...on to another week of this glorious thing we call work....I can barely sit still just thinking about it. At least Monday starts with softball and of course, 24. I'm ready to see Jack start on whoopin some rear to get Audrey back.
2 more weeks of school this semester....I need a break!

3 comments:

laura said...

aww, sounds like y'all had fun at the game. i'm dying to go to one, if only reese could go, i'm not ready to leave her yet. and y'all saw fireworks...i'm jealous.

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm glad that you're back to blogging! It's nice to hear what's going on with you guys! We haven't seen y'all in forever. Looks like Ryan had a great time.

JB

rdub582 said...

Nice recap of the weekend. We had a great time.

dad