Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Big Day with Dad

I got to stay home with Ryan today due to our sitter being sick. This is always an exciting thing for me because I rarely get to spend a whole day with the big man. However this can also be very hard or no big deal. I've probably done it 3 or 4 times now and since I can log on to the network with my work computer, I can get a little work done and at least monitor some e-mail. This keeps me from having to take a day off. Anyway, there have been days where he sleeps all day and I get a lot done and there are days like today where, it's a little tougher.


It's unreal how much he changes every day. He's really starting to repeat sounds and words and remembers things you wouldn't even think he would. In the past week, we've mastered: Uh-Oh, thank you, mama and daddy...it's crazy. That's the funny part of his changes, the tiring part is the fun of grabbing everything possible off tables and shelves and drawers, nothing is safe. He had me so worn out by this afternoon. I think he's grown overnight and can reach things and get into things I never think of.
If I could hear what his head was thinking, this has got to be what goes on in his little mind during his big day with Dad...





8am...Ahh..woke up a little later than usual today. Not sure what the deal is. Figure I'll sit here for a while and repeat all of the sounds I heard yesterday for practice and maybe take another nap.


10am...Well, just about tired of being in bed practicing sounds, I just took another nap and I'm ready to roll. Time to start yelling to see who is home with me today. Ah ha! Looky there, it's Dad! This should be a fun day of finding new things while he's not looking. Mommy usually catches me, but Dad isn't as quick yet. Time to play baby!! First stop gotta change my pants, such a waste of time to me, so annoying, put me down I'm ready to play!!! This time, no pants change he only takes off my diaper and this could only mean one thing, bath time! I love baths and especially now since I have a new rocket arm and can throw things a long way.


10:30am...time to eat. Dad brings me some apple sauce stuff, not bad I guess, would rather have ice cream. Then time for milk, only no milk! only water? It'll have to do for now.


11am...tried to open the cabinets in the kitchen for the 4th time this week, but they won't open. It's ok, off to the toy room and to pull papers out of a new drawer I found today (file cabinet).


11:15am...Dad finds me pulling papers out of the cabinet, he's not happy, it's ok I'll just go to the desk drawer and pull things out of there, or the trash can or bang on the keyboard if I have to...this is such hard work


11:45...talked to Mom on the phone, she tells Dad to put me in my high chair with cheerios and watch cartoons. I tried to tell him this all morning, but he doesn't listen!


12:30...lunch time. Cheerios and grilled cheese, not a bad combo, it'll work


12:45...get to go on a ride in the big car to get milk..finally!...I love the store, so many people to smile at and girls to flirt with, can't beat it!


1:30pm...Nap time, Dad wore me out.


3:30pm...woke up kind of uncomfortable and stinky and find myself in another bath!! wha whoo!!


4pm...Dad is trying to do work on his little computer, excellent time to go back to the file cabinet!! This is such fun!


4:45pm...more cheerio and TV time, I think Dad is finally figuring things out here


6pm..Time to leave to meet Mommy at her school to watch her PTA program, can't wait to see her, Dad has worn me out today so much to do when he's here and didn't get to half of it!



As you can see, he was a busy man today. I am proud to report that nothing was broken, he got 2 good meals and 2 baths today. Man I'm good.







Misty had her annual PTA program today. It was awesome. She has such a gift of working with kids. I've seen her do things with kids at her schools that I couldn't even imagine trying. Every kid she has ever had loves her to death. The school she teaches at now is made up of lower income kids. Most of which don't have much of a chance because of the homes they live in, but she gives them something to enjoy and maybe find a passion for. That is so great. I'm so proud of her and love her dearly!








Rangers are back to 4-4 and look pretty good....





We don't discuss softball on this forum for at least a few weeks...





Mavs start the playoffs in a couple weeks and the finals aren't til June! Already tired thinking about it.





Bonus Ryan picture for making it though this long post...Have a great Day.






Working on my Rocket Arm Baby!!! -Ryan

2 comments:

emily davis said...

i love reading about how much you love ryan & misty! it makes so happy to see/read how well you guys are doing! :)

laura said...

thanks for scaring me! i've got it so easy right now...eat, change diaper, sleep for three hours, eat, change diaper, sleep for three hours, etc. I forgot that she is going to grow and get into stuff...