Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Life is Good

Well...I thought about posting something today to express my frustration over the Rangers last night. They played good, just left too many runners on and couldn't get that hit. It's very similar to Rangers of the past, but this time it felt like we were going to explode, we will...tonight. That's why they play 162 games.

I also thought about expressing my frustration over our softball game last night. We felt like we played good, just couldn't hit! I think the manual labor over the weekend just about took everything out of me, I was retired for the first time this season, very disappointing.

I love baseball and playing softball and sometimes probably let them get the better of me, but then I think about the real things in life that matter....

My brother, my life long best friend, is getting married in June to a girl so perfect for him it's uncanny. I'm so happy for them and honored to be involved in their marriage and life, it's freakin awesome. Their wedding announcement is in the Amarillo paper today and just wanted to say how proud I am of him....the fun is just beginning for them.

Second great thing of the day is a congratulations to our friends Travis and Laura on the birth of their little baby girl, Reese. Looking at their pictures and stories takes me back to when Ryno was born, what day that was, the most memorable occasion in my life, emotions you will never be able to explain, it's great being a Dad and I know Travis will be a good one too. Ryan is pumped too, he got the first look at his future girlfriend!


I love baseball and the getaways we have in life, but man, life its pretty stinkin awesome when you take a step back and take it all in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, dude, you're making me all misty eyed

-Matt

Matt & Tiffany said...

yeah me too...and we decided to make our own little blog. You should check it out :)

Tiffany

laura said...

thanks for the congrats. can't wait for our children to meet.