Monday, October 15, 2007

Split Loyalties

One of the interesting (and probably confusing) things for Ryan about his family is the split loyalty between Texas Tech and Texas A&M. He can get his guns up and he can gig 'em. He looks good in black and red and maroon and white, there just isn't a clear cut difference here (I guess that depends on who you ask, but he's staying on the line for now). Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin went to or go to A&M (so did Grams). Uncle Brandon goes to Tech. Poor kid, I just hope he doesn't end up a tea sip because of the confusion..haha. Luckily we all have common ground in the Cowboys Rangers and Mavs.


Anyway, Kristin and I decided a couple months ago to head to Lubbock for the Tech/A&M game, thinking it could be a good game. We'd get to see some friends, I could hang out with Brandon and she could hang out with Julie, good times. Well, it turned into just a weekend because tickets became too steep for us and we got to meet Ryno in Lubbock after his week in Amarillo.

Kristin's dog, Sadie, was ready to roll. She had to ride in the back, no dog hair in the Tundra! She did great.









The Millers went to the game, while Ryan and I ventured over to save Kristin in a purely Tech house of Lisa and Julie. But luckily we aren't in the business of talking too much trash because A&M got their you know what handed to them and Tech fans made sure the A&M folk knew it! Good times though.


While over at Lisa and Julie's, he got to play with puppies, three big ones to be exact and they didn't phase him at all, he LOVES dogs and couldn't wait to get home to see his.




Jumpin on the trampoline with Aunt Kristin








Jumpin with Julie and Aunt Kristin, he loved it. That's him going boing boing boing...pretty funny.










After the game back over to Uncle B's to hang out and he thought he'd try a couple push ups and sit ups with the work out expert B.




Push Ups (he's straining)








Sit Ups





Video attempt at capturing the fun






And since all outfits in this post are Tech outfits on Ryan, I have to make things equal and give you this cool A&M picture.








That's most of our travelling for a while, which is great he needs to be at home for a while, so I'll have to get good at busting out the camera at home, he has plenty of kodak moments. He's growing so much and talking so much, very scary!!









Cowboy thoughts. The Patriots are much better. We can beat them if our D is healthy, we get the Tank in here and don't commit stupid penalties. A rematch would be sweet, and I still think we are #1 in the NFC, but have some work to do to get to the Pats level.





In case you haven't been following the baseball playoffs, please note what the Rockies are doing. They have won 20 of their last 21 games and are on the verge of going to the World Series. At one point this season they had a record comparable to the Rangers, its that big of a deal what they are doing. Here's for an Indians-Rockies World Series!!

2 comments:

Matt & Tiffany said...

oh my goodness. I think he has grown since the last time I saw him. I think I am going to cry.....

Anonymous said...

I miss that kid of yours....I need some Ryan time (and Kyle needs some Michael time) SOON!! Miss you guys!
Elisheba