Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday Ramblings

Here is another installment of Tuesday ramblings where I rattle off a few things about what's going on with us and around us.

First of all...the Super Bowl is coming to town! I know this will probably cause me a major traffic headache and I won't go to the game because they will be $900 by then for cheap seat. But it's going to be cool to go to the places where they have the events leading up to it and all that. That stadium is going to be massive and pretty awesome. Can't wait to tour it, because again getting a ticket, much less a ticket I can afford to a game there won't be until Ryan's 16th birthday. So there you have it, for Ryan's 16th birthday we are going to a Cowboy game!

This past weekend was weekend #1 of the Williams Family 7 consecutive week trek across Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, and Lousianna. So be looking forward to weekly updates on our fun events of each weekend. Why are we going to so many states in only 7 weeks? You'll have to check back to find out the details, but it involves a wedding, a vacation, gambling, mini family reunion and much more!

So this past weekend we travelled to Austin. Spent the day Saturday hanging out with my family and let Ryan show off his new skills for Nana, PawPaw, Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin. It had been a long month since they've seen him...a lot can change. Sunday, the girls and guys split up on our way to Houston. The girls went shopping and the boys went to the Astro-Ranger game. We left early to sit outside the stadium to tailgate, which we like to do before games and we drove around the whole place and we were the ONLY ones tailgating!! So us Ranger fans had to show the stinkin Astro fans how to go to a baseball game! What sporting event doesn't have tailgating? Weird. I'm pleased to report a 14-1 pounding of the 'Stros. I'm 2-0 so far this year in games attended. Too bad we are 9.5 games out of first, but hey a guy can dream of a turn around right?

On the way home Ryan figured out that it would make us laugh if he played peek-a-boo and screamed loudly. Well it was funny for the first 15 - 20 times and then he wouldn't stop!! ha. still had to laugh because he was..so infectious. But be careful what you may encourage, it may blow up on you!

Word update: we have added Pik-a-boo and paw paw. Hopefully the next ones are Nana, Grams and Grandpa or we'll have problems!! ha.

This week, I'm heading to Austin for Matt's bachelor weekend at the lake and golf and Misty is heading to Oklahoma with Mom and Sis. We'll have stories and pictures for sure after weekend #2 of the journey across the southwest.

1 comment:

Michael W said...

I'm with you on that, that's a lot of money when you could probably see the game better at home.