Friday, May 04, 2007

DFW Sports = No Bueno

My new favorite thing to look forward to at night (in addition to seeing my wife of course) is a good ol' fashioned wrestling match (14 month old style). If Ryan's love for rough housing and throwing the ball is any indication of what he'll like to do as he grows up, this should be fun..ha. As soon as I walk in the door, I get a big Daaa and a baby power walk (with gut sticking out) right over to me with arms in the air, ready to play. Good stuff man.


Going into April I was anticipating a fantastic May and June of Ranger baseball and Mavs basketball. Heck I even watched a couple hockey games thinking I could get into the Stars, but they lost in round 1 too. Now the the Mavericks just became the first #1 seed to be bounced in round 1 of a seven game series and the Rangers just polished off a nice series getting swept by the Yankees, things aren't looking good.
I know the Rangers aren't as bad as having the 2nd to last WORST record in the AL or having the 2nd to last batting AVG or the second to last ERA, but stats don't lie. It's almost enough to make you sick. It makes my head hurt.....right Sammy?







Never thought being a Ranger fan would be as bad as being a Cubs fan, but at least they won a World Series at one point, we've made the playoffs 3 times in 35 years.

“We’re not hitting, we’re not fielding and we’re not pitching,” first baseman Mark Teixeira said. “You almost have to expect to lose when you do that. When you don’t do anything right, you aren’t going to win in this league. Well put big Tex.

At least my main fantasy baseball team is still good...for now.


1 comment:

laura said...

that looks so painful