Monday, August 27, 2007

The Great Outdoors

One thing that I love to do, that I don't get to do all that often is go camping and go to a lake and just be outside. For one it gets kinda hot here and too, just busy I guess. Well, finally got a chance to go for at least one night when Kyle came down and we took off. We drove to Lake Tawakoni (East Texas) and found a nice campsite with water access. I was looking forward to putting the Tundra to good use, the reason I got it, love having a truck. We brought Jazmine and she had an absolute blast. When we got there, she played fetch jumping out into the cove and swimming around (her all time favorite thing to do) and the rest of the time, just followed us around and watched us fish, truly a man's dog.

Anyway we fished a while Saturday night and Sunday morning and despite the frequent loss of equipment due to getting hung up we did ok. Kyle smoked me and caught the catch of the day in about a 4 to 5 lb catfish. Thought my poor rod was going to die! And I settled for one small striper bass, but that's ok, anytime I'm fishing, it's better than being at work and many other places.


Love the outdoors..therapy recommended to all.

Here is our pad....


Jazmine loving life...

The bounty...

And aren't you jealous of my lunker? (fishing term for big fish)



AND....bonus Ryan picture...doing some reading.....

1 comment:

rdub582 said...

Looks like you had a great time. I have been skunked many times. A fish is a fish. dad