Monday, December 12, 2005

The Weekend in Sports...

The first weekend without college football is the first sign of great sports weekends shutting down. All we have right now is a sprinkle of decent NBA and NCAA basketball games on Saturday and the NFL still carries us through Sunday. This will last until the Super Bowl, then a month of nothing, then March Madness, then Spring Training fires up in full swing. But for now we have Sundays. This Sunday was fantastic. The Cowboys gave us yet another nail biter and it kills me every time, but its worth it. I ripped Bledsoe last week and I gotta sing his praises this week...NFL stresses me out. I was jumping up and down towards the end of the game Sunday and thought that in a few years little Ryan will be decked out in his R. Williams jersey jumping up and down with me, that's why we love sports, brings people together just like my dad and brother and granddad and my father-in-law. Despite Ryan's excitement for the Cowboys, he'll then ask me to check and see what the Rangers have done today in the free agent or trade market. You see, Ryan will be barely old enough to remember the Rangers first world series, so by that time, the only Rangers he will have known in his life is the World Champion Rangers. LOVE IT....I can dare to dream can't I? It's been an extremely long time since I've been so excited about a Cowboy game and season. So maybe the Tuna can bring a Super Bowl back to big D, or not, but at least we are finally having fun. They have chance to win 2 of 3 and get into the playoffs.
I am comtemplating retiring from fantasy football as for the 5th consecutive week I started the wrong RB and it either cost me the game, or made things close. This week, in round one of the playoffs, I failed to start Cadillac and Matt's Barking Spiders took me down. Congrats to the Farting Spiders anyway, good luck. I feel like such an idiot, but I have one more league where I had TO and Priest Holmes, and lost them and still got the second seed in the league, so I still have the skills, just gotta be more consistent. It's ok though, time to start formulating my offseason plan for the Pecker Express in the Baseball Junkies league. I have to reclaim my title. Gotta love it.
The Rangers did just trade for Vicente Padilla today for basically nothing. I'm down, but we still have work to do. Matt Morris gave us the cold shoulder, not sure we'll ever get a free agent pitcher in here, gotta rely on the farm system and trades. Still preparing myself for losing Mench, but time will tell. Updates to come.............
For Now...GO COWBOYS Baby.

No comments: