I stayed up last night well past midnight to watch a sporting event. The Rangers are comfortably at the bottom of the AL West, where they seem to prefer to be, so probably wasn't them. The Mavericks politely bowed out of the first round of the NBA playoffs, they suck, so not them. Yes, that's right folks, I, Mr. Baseball/Football, stayed up and watched 4 overtimes of Stars playoff hockey. I didn't live in DFW the last time the Stars were good and won it all so I have never been into hockey and even almost annoyed people talk about it. But when your options are what they are now around here, I just let it happen. And you know what...it's pretty dang fun to watch. I think playoff hockey is more intense and faster paced than regular season hockey and some of the saves and shots made last night were awesome. And my very first favorite hockey player is Brenden Morrow. He is their best scorer and just creams people on the boards. He pretty much knocked a guy out cold last night, better than any NFL hit I've seen in a while. Might be on youtube at some point. Anyway, I'm not going on a limb and claiming to be a new fan, because I don't know enough about the rules, strategy, etc. But its high paced good sports drama and for a sports drama starved soul like me, I'll take what I can get. Dont' get me wrong, hockey is still down on my list, but, like I said...not bad. Just like a real life application, kinda weird what happens when you give someone a chance....Go Stars!

No comments:
Post a Comment