And one of the coolest things about living down here in DFW (despite the heat and traffic) is the ability to go to a Ranger game on a whim. And that's just what we did on Sunday. When Ryan sees the Rangers on TV he says ball, glove and bat! baseball! And I'm sure I have encouraged it here and there and he'll throw in a little Go Rangers, but its fun. He likes hanging with his Daddy...
So I asked him if he wanted to go to a Rangers baseball game. He got real excited (probably because I was, but still) So we put on our Ranger gear and headed up to catch the last game of the Rangers-Astros series on Sunday afternoon. I had to make sure and get a shaded place due to it being in the 90s already.
We found our seats and he just was in awe of the grass "gwass!" and yelled baseball players! He was taking it all in for about 2 innings. Then the 2 year old set in and he couldn't sit still and was flirting with the ladies next to him and behind him.
So we got up and walked around to check out the center field stuff, can't wait til he's old enough for all that. Anyway, on Sundays you get ice cream for a dollar. So we got one and headed back to the seats and he just went to town on it....
After his ice cream he was into the game again, clapping, etc. So we watched the next couple of innings and he started to play with the seat and then started slowly losing interest in the game....
...by the 6th inning he was ready to go. We headed to the car and took a couple pictures of the new cowboy stadium, it's HUGE!
We got all loaded up in the car and as I made a turn out of the parking lot, I looked back and saw this.......
We sure had a big day...
2 comments:
They were losing 5-0 when we left, but hit a couple homers to right field where we sat in the 7th, but still lost....at least they are doing pretty well.
Looks like y'all had a fun day!!! I know Wade will be doing the same thing one day :)
Post a Comment