Misty is my new hero. What she had to go through to have Ryan was amazing. There was nothing I could do, but be the most supportive husband I could and she only gave me the look once...so I consider that a victory.
We are so blessed with a wonderful family and Ryan will have a record for awesome grandparents. PawPaw and Nana got there by midnight and stayed up the whole time. Grams and Grandpa drove ALL night from Amarillo to get there 2 hours before Ryan was born. Great Grandmother Blair made it there as well. Aunt Kristin drove in that night and got pulled over on the way, but even the "My Nephew is about to be born" excuse didn't work. We are taking donations to help pay for her ticket. We had so many visit us in the hospital, send e-mails and phone, Mimi and Papa made it in from Amarillo the next day. Uncle Keith sacrificed the end of his workday to go get Aunt Resa and see little Ryan. We have such a great family. Our Sunday school class has been wonderful as well. A few came to see us at the hospital and they started our two-week dinner run on Monday. God is so good.
I'm sure I'll have more deep thoughts on being a new dad later, but your perspective changes immensely when you have a kid.
Don't worry. Pudge, Daisy and Jazmine approve. Jazmine follows him around and makes sure that he is being taken care of by mom and dad, Ryan will have some great friends in his doggies.
That's all I have for now, more sure to come. Gotta go start working on his pitching mechanics.
Here he is:
RYAN LAYNE
7lbs 6oz
20 1/2 in long
March 1, 2006 at 6:26am

PS: Click on the link "Our Recent Pictures" to the right to see all the pictures of him and family we have taken, they are great.
No comments:
Post a Comment