Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cake, Pumpkins, Running and Ferris Wheels

What on earth could all of that have in common? Well...I'll tell you.

The Williams clan converged on Arlington this weekend for many reasons. The first being to celebrate Mom's/Nana's birthday. We made it to On the Border for Dinner, she loves mexican food. And we even spared her the embarrassment of having the employees sing....she is sooo happy!!



Ryan landed an elephant balloon!!


After dinner, it was back to my house for a surprise that Tiffany "cooked" up. She baked a cool looking pumpkin cake and also bought a bunch of pumpkins for a pumpkin carving party!!
Ryan was quite the helper...he was the "nasty pumpkin guts scooper!"







The finished products!

This video sums it all up.......





The second reason for everyone coming into town was to run in the Race for the Cure. We all decided it would be fun to run a 5k together. My company paid for our entry fees so we all decided to run in the Race for the Cure. This would be only my 2nd 5k. The first one went well, despite the huge blister, so this time I was prepared, well worn shoes and I was going to train. Bad thing is that I got freakin sick on Thursday and barely recovered enough to run Saturday. So we all headed out there Saturday morning early and met my company for a "tailgate"breakfast and then headed to the race. I had heard there were a lot of people, but I didn't expect over 30 thousand!! When we started to run, there were so many people that we had to run along the grass and fence for the first 2 miles almost before it cleared up. A really cool scene. Everyone finished the race. Matt finally left me in the dust after I had to back off and ran a 28 minute race, I finished in 32 minutes and the girls were not far behind. It was a really cool event and we'll do it again.

Here is team Williams........




The final reason for our gathering is so Mom could finally get to the state fair of Texas. Ever since we've lived down here, she has wanted to go, so we finally up and went. Ryan was Mr. Trooper and had a great time. We visited the barnyard, where Ryan saw a ton of animals and got to feed a goat. He thought it was awesome.

No...not that goat that Aunt Tiff so loves....

This Goat! (hard to see him)

Piggies!!


We also found some great fair food, checked out a few exhibits and finished the night off visiting some police horse and watching Michelle Branch.



Good stuff......


Love my Auntie Kristin!

Either being cute or barking orders...not sure which one.


Uncle Matty's head "drum, drum, drum drum drum"






Good looking men...
My man!

Love me some Paw Paw!!


Pretty awesome weekend!!

For the first time this season, Matt, Dad and I were going to get to watch the Cowboy game together. And...um...that wasn't all that great afterall....

For the record, I'm pulling for the Phillies in the World Series. I don't want a stinkin expansion team winning a WS before my Rangers. My prediction, Phillies in 6 games.

No comments: