Ever since the Cowboys started the season off so well, I had a thought, a dream that one of the teams I root for could actually win a championship (it's been a while). I live and die with the Rangers and Cowboys. The Mavs run a couple years ago was fine, but my teams are my teams. No matter how bad they've been (which is bad) or good they've been, I'm there. So the thought of the Cowboys finally breaking the monotony trying to decide who to root for in the Super Bowl, was great. But after a nice first game choke, that was done.
So to the Super Bowl. I hated the fact the Giants were in the Super Bowl, can't stand them, Strahan is an idiot, not a fan of their coach, not really even Eli. In 2004, I had the same problem Eagles or Patriots? Neither. It's kind of a beating. I enjoyed pulling for the Colts last year, but all in all, who cares?? And I hate that. Super Bowl Sunday just seems so anti-climactic over the past few years...fun to watch, I guess but if you don't care about the teams, it makes it tough.
So this year, I made a decision that although the Patriots are a little cocky, their coach cheats, and is a jerk, and I didn't want another team to be in the same conversation as the Cowboys, I was rooting to see History, a perfect season, why not right? It wasn't a bad game and had a really good ending, but after it was all said and done and I had that little sick feeling in my stomach that the Giants won and it could have been the Cowboys, and that was going to be there no matter what, I kinda smiled a little watching the Patriots and their cocky smirks walk to the locker room in defeat. Actually, I laughed.
So I ask the question, what's worse? 13-3 and one and done in the playoffs (Cowboys) or 18-0 (best offense, best team, best QB, blah blah) and losing in the Super Bowl....kinda funny.
Now, on to baseball season for real now! Go Rangers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment