Monday, June 25, 2007

From Paradise back to Reality

Well, the worst part of vacation is that they come to an end and we must go back to work. I'm ready to retire!! Just got back from Pagosa Springs in Colorado with Misty's family. Colorado = Paradise.
Ryan and I had a blast. I didn't get near the sleep I had anticipated, but that's ok. The condo we stayed at in Pagosa was approximately 15 to 20 yards from a lake. Fishing at any time of the day, just walk out the back porch. I played golf (twice) and fished everyday. The lakes around the resort were good lakes for small fish and volume. We caught a ton of small perch, sun perch, and baby bass and trout. We had a good time, but with the pressure having a fish cookout we had to venture north and up in elevation into Wolf Creek and find a good trout lake and came back with some tasty trout snacks....love it up there.
The golf course was on the resort too, and although expensive, was beautiful and fun. It was also very hard with multiple dog legs and 80 foot pine trees that swat your ball like a D-lineman. Good stuff though.
Ryan was the entertainment, he got to swim and see a rodeo, watch the geese (or duks as he called them), and he saw a little country music concert at the Bar D in Durango and danced the night away. He seems to learn a new word or action and do something new every day. He loved watching the geese and playing ball and reading books with everyone. He's one special man. I missed him. And of course I miss him again. He's in Amarillo with Grams and Grandpa getting ready for Uncle Matt and Aunt Tiff's wedding. He'll be the entertainment once Nana and PawPaw get to Amarillo.
I had to get a post between vacation and the wedding so we'll have a post fo all the events.

Here are some pictures from beautiful Colorado....
Our view from the back porch...


Helpin Grandpa Fish...


Gorgeous shot in front of gorgeous mountains?



Hot tub fun with Uncle B...


We'll be back...
Putt Putt...
Choo Choo Fun at the Bar D...
Checkin our the cows and horses at the rodeo...

Our Trout bounty...good times...

No comments: